Capella Lodge is a luxury retreat on Lord Howe Island, a World Heritage-listed paradise of rainforests, reefs and beaches. The lodge offers nine contemporary island-style suites with stunning views of the ocean, reef and mountains.
- Capella Lodge is the only luxury accommodation on Lord Howe Island, offering an exclusive and intimate experience for discerning travellers.
- Capella Lodge is located at the foot of the majestic Mounts Gower and Lidgbird, two of the most iconic landmarks on the island. The lodge offers guided walks to the summit of Mt Gower, rated as one of the world’s best day hikes.
- Capella Lodge features a high cantilevered roof and floor-to-ceiling windows that welcome the outside in, creating a sense of connection with the island’s pristine environment.
- Capella Lodge has a petite spa that offers island-inspired treatments using Australian-made Li’Tya spa products and local ingredients such as kelp and volcanic stone.
- Capella Lodge has a restaurant that showcases the island’s fresh seafood and produce, as well as regional wines and craft beers. The menu changes daily to reflect the seasonal availability and the chef’s inspiration.
Capella Lodge is situated on Lovers Bay, a secluded beach on the southern end of Lord Howe Island. The lodge overlooks a turquoise lagoon that is part of the world’s southernmost coral reef system. The lodge is surrounded by lush subtropical gardens and Kentia palm forests that are home to hundreds of rare and endemic species of plants and animals. The lodge is a short walk or bike ride from the island’s main settlement, where guests can find shops, cafes and a museum. Capella Lodge has a contemporary architectural design that channels the carefree spirit of the Australian beach house. The lodge has a relaxed, sophisticated and elegant vibe that blends seamlessly with the island’s natural beauty. The interiors feature timber floors, marine ply joinery and custom furniture pieces that create a beach-chic ambience. The suites are spacious, light-filled and airy, with generous decks that offer panoramic views of the ocean, reef and mountains. The suites are decorated with local artworks, books and magazines that reflect the island’s culture and history.